Some fantastic performances from Halesowen athletes in the first competition of the year, the Worcestershire Cross Country Championships held at HMPS College at Newbold Revel in Warwickshire.
The club brought home 6 golds, 6 silvers and 2 bronze medals and here’s all those who contributed to the tidy stash of medals and silverware for the club:
- First for Owen Jinks in the Under 15 Boys race.
- First for the Under 15 Boys team – Owen Jinks, James Rolinson and Matthew Stewart.
- First for Under 17 Girls team – Lottie Roberts, Orla Walker and Megan Hawley.
- First place for Lily Higgins in the Under 20 Women’s race.
- First for Sam Morton in the W50 race.
- First for Andy Nock in the M60 race.
- Second place for the Under 13 Girls team – Grace Coles, Emily Amos and Charlie-Ann Baird (pictured above).
- Second for the Under 13 Boys team – Tom Harris, James Thompson and Ryan Worton.
- Second for the Under 15 Girls team – Amelia Hartshorn, Orla Sweeney and Falan Malone-Priest.
- Second for James Rolinson in the Under 15 Boys race.
- Second for Chloe Fitzpatrick in the Under 20 Women’s race.
- Second for Sally Spencer in the W50 race.
- Third place for the Men’s Senior and Masters team – Mateusz Sliwinski, Tom Kenderdine, Russell Cadwallader, Peter Dear, Roger Mallard and Adam Cross.
- Third for Kristian Bayley in the Under 20 men’s race.
Congratulations to all our champions and medalists, many of whom have qualified to run for the Worcestershire team at the Inter Counties Cross Country Championships at Prestwold Hall near Loughborough on Saturday 9th March.