I am delighted to report that following the change in advice from the UK Government regarding daily exercise and the use of outdoor facilities, the Manor Abbey grounds, cycling and athletic track are now open for use by groups of no more than two people following social distancing measures.
Please note the following important points:
- Use of the track will be on a shared basis with the cycling section to minimise contact and to maximise health and safety on the track itself.
- We are following all guidelines issued by England Athletics. In accordance with their document, Guidance for Athletic Venues return to activity, High Jump and Pole Vault beds and sand pits are NOT to be used at this point in time.
- There will be a strict timetable of use with the athletics section scheduled times as follows:
MORNINGS (9.00 am – 2.00 pm): TUESDAYS, THURSDAYS and SATURDAYS
AFTERNOONS (3.00 pm – 9.00 pm): SUNDAYS, MONDAYS, WEDNESDAYS and FRIDAYS.
The above schedule is in place until further notice.
- A full copy of this schedule plus details of the strict set of guidelines which MUST be followed at all times, are attached in the document below and are on the club Facebook page. These are for your own safety so please adhere to them.
- We are not allowed on the grounds during “cycling time” and vice-versa.
- Please respect the timetable and don’t be the idiot who thinks it’s clever to go down half an hour early “as it won’t matter”. We’ve had to battle long and hard to get to this point so please be sensible.
Social distancing measures remain in place and the changing rooms and toilets, The Smithy, weightlifting gym and clubhouse are all CLOSED.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
Chair, Athletics Section
Halesowen Athletics & Cycling Club