Due to a local request there are now some Level 1 Athletics Officials modules running in Nuneaton, Warwickshire this June. Please encourage anyone who would like to attend to send in an application form as soon as possible to book on. The next courses for the Midlands are likely to be Sept to Nov and then Spring 2019.
Please find attached the application form required to book.
Please note, this course takes place over two or more evenings. Attendees need to do the H&S/Generic module and at least one of the Level one modules. These are the approximate times for the course modules:
Wed 13/06/2018 Health & Safety and Generic Module 6.30pm-9pm MO0328HS West Midlands Nuneaton Harriers AC, The Clubhouse, Pingles Athletics Stadium, Avenue Road, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV11 4LX
Wed 20/06/2018 Level 1 Timekeeping Official 6.30pm-9.30pm MO0328TK
Wed 20/06/2018 & 27/06/2018 Level 1 Field Official 6.30pm-9pm MO0328FD
Wed 27/06/2018 Level 1 Track Official 6.30pm-9.30pm MO0328TR
The costs for the courses are:
£30 – Full Level 1 Course – includes Health & Safety, Generic and one discipline module
£10 – Health & Safety Module only – (for current Level 1+ officials)
£20 – Discipline only (for those who have already attended H&S/Generic)
Who should go on this course?
This course is suitable for all new officials from the ages of 14+ to attend (officials can only gain a licence card and DBS from 16+). Candidates work under the supervision of a qualified official in a specific discipline (Track, Field, Timekeeping, etc) before becoming a qualified technical official.
What will I learn?
After completing the course candidates will have a knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
• Appropriate attire/equipment
• Knowledge and understanding of the role
• Ability to follow duty sheet.
• List events/roles covered
• Health and Safety
• Relationships with other officials and athletes
• Knowledge and application of rules
• Ability to make quick and correct decisions
• Presentation and accuracy of result card
• How to become a club, county or regional official and gain your officials licence
What will I be able to do?
After completing the course candidates will need to gain experience by attending four athletics meetings, operating under the supervision of a qualified UKA Technical Official. These experiences should be recorded and submitted to England Athletics to show evidence of undertaking a variety of roles. A DBS check will also be required following which a Level 1 Officials Licence will be issued. By undertaking further experiences and completing a log book, officials can progress to qualify at further levels.
• To see more information on each module please go to our website where all modules are now being advertised: www.englandathletics.org/courses
• To see information on the individual disciplines please go to our officials page where you can download booklets for each discipline: http://www.englandathletics.org/…/resources-and-information…
It would be appreciated if this email could be forwarded on to anyone who may be interested in attending this course. If anyone has any questions regarding the course after visiting the links to the pages above, please do ask them to get in contact with me on the details below.
Thank you for your time and for any assistance provided with the promotion of the courses.
Coach & Officials Education Coordinator – East and West Midlands and South West
Mobile: 07920 532558