SCHOLARSHIPS FOR THE SEASON APRIL 2018 TO MARCH 2019;
For the past few years the club has offered scholarships to athletes as an encouragement to compete at a higher level, due to the success of the scheme many athletes have received reduced subscription levels which is fantastic but unfortunately the club committee have decided that we need to tighten up on the eligibility criteria as, quite frankly, the scheme is costing the athletic club an absolute fortune as we have to pay membership fees for recipients to the main club.
Therefore, commencing 1st April, 2018, the following criteria apply:
• Free membership for the following season will only be awarded, to athletes in the age groups up to and including under 20’s competing for the first time at national level or above, for all athletic disciplines.
• Disciplines to include track and field events, endurance, over all terrains of running, and including race walking.
• The application must be made to the committee for consideration, and the criteria is being selected to compete at a national event wearing the national vest.
• The free membership offer covers the main club fee and athletic section fee only.
• The final decision on all scholarships rest with the athletic section committe