MESSAGE FROM EA ABOUT LEADERSHIP IN RUNNING COURSE
Dear West Midlands Club Secretaries
I’m emailing to highlight this extra Leadership in Running Fitness course has been organised for Birmingham for the Sunday 21st July 2018 due to the original course filling and there being a demand for a second one on the same date.
Do forward this email to anyone who may be interested in attending and encourage them to book soon to avoid disappointment.
Please note the special offer of £120 for those booking on by the end of June. See the booking page for details.
To book online please click here
• If you are a club secretary or treasurer and want to buy places on a course please note there is an option to login and pay for voucher codes to give attendees to book online. These can be redeemed against any course, please see this link: http://www.ulearnathletics.com/site/page?id=help#vouchers
Below are the details of the course, plus links to additional information:
• England Athletics link to course details & booking details: www.englandathletics.org/courses
• ULearn link to more details about the course: https://www.ulearnathletics.com/qualification/166 plus the pre & post course learning: http://www.ulearnathletics.com/site/page?id=lirf-resources
• Run Together link where attendees of the LiRF can register as Run Leaders and register running groups when qualified www.runtogether.co.uk
If you’re interested running for fitness, over 18 and you’d like to lead a group, this is the course for you.
The Leadership in Running Fitness course is primarily for those working with adults’ and/or young people over the age of 12 who enjoy recreational running for fitness and health. This may be within a Running Club or a community based group. Leaders will be licensed & insured by UKA to take a group of recreational runners of varied ability for fun safe sessions.
Topics Covered on the course:
• The role and responsibilities of a Leader
• Leadership skills: Safety, Organisation, Instruction and Explanation, Demonstration
• The barriers that stop people from taking up running, and how a leader can make a difference for them.
• How to plan sessions and deliver a safe and fun warm up and a cool down.
• Demonstration and supervision of effective stretching
• The different types of activity that can make running varied and enjoyable.
• Helping runners to set and achieve SMARTER goals.
• What is meant by an Athlete Centered Approach
• Carrying out Risk Assessments.
• Factors influencing performance
• Energy systems
Do forward this email to anyone who may be interested in attending the course. If anyone has any questions regarding the course after they have visited the links to the pages above, do ask them to get in contact with me on the details below and I will be happy to help.
Thank you for your time and for any assistance you can provide with the promotion of the course.